So why exactly should your house plan include much more than you think it should? and what is included in most House Plans anyway?
Well, here at Small House Works, we recognize that most people need a little extra help in visualizing the potential of the home they are about to build.
This is why we go the extra mile by providing much more than basic floor plans & standard construction details like most house plans out there.
All of our house plans include useful extras to help the homeowner with their house build from start through fruition!
Continue reading below to find out why the House Plan you buy should include much more than you think it should…
When you purchase one of our small house plans you receive lots of extras including:
- 3D exterior renderings showing all elevations of the house for homeowner reference.
- 3D interior renderings of every room to help the homeowner visualize the space properly.
- All major construction details provided in 3D. These crystal clear details will ensure accurate interpretation of the plans by your builder. No clarification questions and no costly mistakes.
- Full specifications of all construction materials and exterior materials and finishes such as siding, roofing, windows and doors, decking and railings, and lighting. We strive to keep all construction materials as eco-friendly/sustainable as possible!
- Full specifications of all architectural materials pictured in the interior renderings such as complete kitchen & bathroom material specs, lighting, flooring, staircase and railings, paint colors, closets & other storage solutions, and appliances). We also give our customers an 8.5″ x 11″ printable pdf document listing all of these recommended materials for easy homeowner reference. This is especially useful in helping our customers get a quick jump start with material quotes and in making alternate decisions based on personal style and budget.
Some of our future house plans will have quantity take-offs with national average construction materials costs available. This enables the homeowner (if doing a self-build) or the owner’s builder, to submit the take-offs to multiple supply houses for materials quotes in a quick and efficient way. We always recommend a few quotes be obtained for materials as well as for contractor bids (read our post “How to get the best construction cost for your home” here).
- Purchasing a “Study Plan” from us is a good way to get a feel for construction costs prior to building with a house plan. This enables a builder to give the homeowner a ballpark estimate & determine if the house plan is the right fit even before purchasing the plans.
So, as you can see, working with a set of House Plans is certainly an affordable way to build a house today. But be aware that a very basic set of plans just including floor plans and 2D elevations and construction details can often leave the buyer confused and not knowing what to do next. The first crucial steps in building a home will always include some work on the new homeowner’s part but with fully detailed house plans one can get a great jump start in the right direction.
We hope you now agree that the house plan you buy should include way more than you think it should!
Below is a sample gallery of the type of 3d renderings you will receive with your House Plan purchase with Small House Works