SMALL HOUSE WORKS
LICENSE AGREEMENT & DISCLAIMERS
Our goal at Small House Works is to provide quality, affordable small home designs which eliminate the complicated & often expensive process of designing a home from scratch. Stock, Pre-Drawn House Plans allow for a much quicker process overall. Save a significant amount of money and time by choosing this route. If you are interested in purchasing House Plans from Small House Works please continue reading the following important information.
Please be advised that the purchaser of any set of House Plans sold by Small House Works is responsible for reading and complying with the following prior to purchasing House Plans & prior to the start of construction. Thank you!
A. USE OF PLANS
1. Grant of License
With the purchase of a PDF set of House Plans from Small House Works you, as Licensee, are granted a non-exclusive right to use and construct 1 (One) structure from the house plans. Additional licenses for any of our House Plans may be obtained by contacting Small House Works. The House Plan licensed to you may not be resold, used by any other person or company, or for any other purpose. Small House Works reserves all rights not expressly granted to the Licensee.
2. Digital Files & Copyright Notice
House Plans are in PDF form and are available to the purchaser as a digital download once payment is confirmed. The license agreement allows you, the Licensee, to print sets of the House Plans as needed for obtaining permits and the construction of your project.
These and all House Plans sold by Small House Works are copyrighted and protected under Intellectual Property Law. Small House Works retains ownership of the copyright of the design described in the plans. This is not a sale of the original design/documents. Small House Works retains ownership of all original designs/documents and all subsequent copies (regardless of format).
3. Return/Exchange Policy
All sales are final. PDF Sets cannot be returned or exchanged for any reason.
4. Local Conditions & Code Compliance
These plans have been drawn to meet generally accepted requirements. However, Small House Works cannot ensure that they will be appropriate for your specific site conditions, personal requirements or that they will meet all requirements of local coding agencies. It is the responsibility of the Licensee to site the building and meet all local codes. House Plans are developed without knowledge of or reference to the Licensee’s site or geographical location.
Small House Works recommends consultation with a local building professional ie. local builder, engineer to review the documents for code compliance prior to submission of a building permit application. Compliance with such requirements shall take precedence over these documents.
B. CONTENT OF PLANS
Although our plans are very robust in design and follow International Residential Building Code (IRBC) requirements your local building department may have special requirements specific to your area. For example, depth of foundation in relation to the frost line, differences in energy codes for building efficiency, wind loads in hurricane/tornado zones, snow loads in regions of the country where there is excessive snow. For these requirements additional documents from a Builder/Engineer may be required.
1. The plans provided by Small House Works do not include plumbing, heating or air conditioning drawings due to the wide variety of local codes, climatic conditions and site specific conditions & requirements. These usually can be provided by a local builder/engineer.
The foundation plan and associated details are provided as a basic guide for a typical foundation system. This typical foundation system is not site or location specific. Licensee should have a local builder/engineer review these plans and provide a site-specific foundation design if found necessary.
The plans provided by Small House Works are not signed & sealed. Local building codes, laws, regulations, or departments may require the plans to be signed & sealed by a local engineer for building dept. submission.
2. These Plans provide ideas and concepts and are not intended to be complete in all respects and details. Variations in standard sizes of window and door brands and types and use of different materials and thicknesses can change details. Varying local codes, ordinances, regulations, foundation requirements, and the layout of electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems can also change details.
C. BUILDER’S RESPONSIBILITY
1. Before starting construction, it is the builder’s responsibility to check all dimensions and details, and verify conformance with governing code requirements for the geographic area in which the house is to be built. All structural, mechanical and electrical requirements shall also be reviewed before construction begins. Codes govern over drawings and dimensions govern over scale.
2. It is the responsibility of the builder to assure that all work is in accordance with the latest edition of all applicable National, State, and Local Building Codes. It is the builder’s responsibility to ensure that all work is conducted in accordance with the latest edition of all applicable Construction Standards.
3. It is the responsibility of the builder to ensure that all manufactured articles, material, and equipment are applied, installed, connected, erected, used, cleaned, adjusted, operated and conditioned as per manufacturers requirements and as per industry standards.. Builder shall follow all instructions to sustain and preserve all expressed or implied warranties and guarantees.
4. It is the responsibility of the builder to assure that all materials, equipment and components are new and of good quality.
5. It is the responsibility of the builder to check all dimensions and details for overall accuracy appropriate to the local conditions and the final selection of materials such as masonry, floor joists, lumber, structural members, construction panels, roofing, etc., all of which can create variations in dimension and details. For example, if standard lumber joists are used in place of engineered floor joists, the floor-to-floor dimension would vary from the Plans and require revised stair dimensions and framing. Builder shall verify all dimension in field prior to any fabrication.
6. The builders is responsible for facilitating and coordinating all work performed by all trades
i.e. plumbing contractor, electrical contractor, framing contractor, etc.
1. All House Plans ordered through smallhouseworks.com/smallhouseworks.etsy.com are provided as is. Small House Works disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to all house plans.
2. Neither Small House Works, nor anyone who has been involved in the creation, production, or delivery of this product shall be liable for indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, including economic loss, damage to property, and, to the extent permitted by law, damages for personal injury. With the purchase of house plans from Small House Works, you agree as your sole and exclusive remedy including attorney’s fees, that Small House Works’ liability for any claims, of any nature, shall not exceed the purchase price paid for the plans licensed herein.
3. Any use of this information without adaptation to changes in codes, standards, site conditions and other factors is at the Licensee’s sole risk. Small House Works assumes no responsibility for changes made to these plans by others and makes no warranties, either expressed or implied, in the use of these plans. The Licensee agrees to defend and indemnify Small House Works for all claims, costs, losses or damages resulting from the use of these documents.
4. Names of materials and manufacturers shown on these plans do not represent an endorsement or recommendation by Small House Works but rather a guide. Final selections of materials are the responsibility of the homeowner with the assistance of the builder, including, but not limited to proper installation of materials, nailing, gluing, caulking, insulating, flashing, roofing, weatherproofing and many other small items and details not necessarily indicated on the plans, and over which Small House Works has no control or responsibility. Small House Works shall not be held liable for any errors, omissions, or deficiencies in any form by any party whatsoever.
5. The floor plans and other artwork displayed on smallhouseworks.com/smallhouseworks.etsy.com are not blueprints. Small House Works cannot guarantee the accuracy of the floor plans, renderings and technical data that appear on the site(s). Therefore, this information should not be used as a guide either for building a home or for securing a building estimate for a particular plan.
6. Small House Works is not liable for interpretation of the house plans, or the methods of construction of buildings built from any house plans purchased at smallhouseworks.com/smallhouseworks.etsy.com. We provide home plans for construction purposes but do not oversee the construction and cannot verify that the structure is built to necessary standards.
7. Small House Works has not been engaged for construction supervision of any kind and assumes no responsibility to ensure that construction conforms to these plans, nor has any responsibility for construction means, methods, techniques, sequences, procedures or safety precautions in connection with the work.